We received an ENO DoubleNest Hammock and the SlapStrap PRO straps as a wedding gift from a friend that works for the state parks! I have never been more excited to try something out. This is an initial review, as we’ve only tried this hammock in our backyard.
According to the ENO website, here are some specs:
- made with breathable, quick-drying Nylon,
- made with triple-stitched seams,
- fitted with aluminum carabiners attached to the hammock itself
- rated up to a 400lb capacity
- has a compression stuff sack attached to the hammock
- Folded dimensions (in stuff sack) – [Diameter x Length] [4 in x 5 in]
- Unfolded dimensions – [Length x Width] [9 ft 4 in x 6 ft 2 in]
- Weight – 20 oz.
ENO SlapStraps PRO:
- made with .75″ tubular nylon webbing
- each strap supports 200 lbs (400lb capacity)
- Dimensions – [Length x Width] [9 ft 4 in x .75 in]
- Weight – 4 oz.
Being only 5’3″, it was easy and comfortable for me to lay perpendicular to the length of the hammock. I was able to stretch out completely and enjoyed swaying back and forth, listening to the sound of the birds. This hammock implies that two people can lay together, as long as the combined weight doesn’t exceed 400 lbs, but Cro-Magnon and I didn’t even want to try. We both like our space…and we exceed the limit.
My final verdict:
What’s your favorite piece of outdoor gear?